This pattern is from Burda Style... so, it has the worst directions imaginable. I mean, they are really bad. Most of the text has to do with how to make the button holes, in a way I would never do them I should note, not how to deal with the strange sleeves or collar. I found a blog that has a review from someone else who made it, but their jacket looked pretty sad so it gave me zero reassurance.
At any rate I cut the pattern out and made a total of two muslins. After some rather minor adjustments it actually fits very well. I took it in at the back, on the sides, and at the armhole to the bust point. I also moved the buttons per the size and fit and we're looking pretty good. I have yet to try to set the sleeves and will need to make adjustments because I adjusted the arm hole. Also, the pattern wants you to use the same sized pieces for the lining. Nonsense. Every jacket ever, even crappy Target ones, have a slightly larger lining otherwise you would pull a hulk and bust out of the thing moving around. because of the style, the lining will be a little more tricky than I was hoping but I have some ideas. My fabric is rather heavy so I don't want to add a ton of bulk and self line the whole thing.
At any rate, stay tuned. We're sewing again. I've made two pairs of shorts and a pair of pants so far in the last two weeks or so.